So you want to get rid of that extra stubborn fat via Coolsculpting, congrats! However, in your research you find that there are two main options:
- Coolsculpting Elite
- Coolsculpting Legacy
Some providers offer one, some offer both, but what’s the difference between the two? Do they vary in price? Are the results any different? And most importantly, which machine should you go with?
We outline the differences in usability, results, and pricing between the new Coolsculpting Elite and its predecessor, Coolsculpting Legacy.
First Off, What Is Traditional Coolsculpting?
Coolsculpting is a non-surgical fat-removing procedure that uses cold temperatures to freeze fat cells beneath the skin. Coolsculpting Legacy is an earlier Model of the technology introduced into the market in 2010.
As technology advanced and with the approval of The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Coolsculpting introduced different applicators to its Legacy machine, making it the model it is today. However, Coolsculpting has recently launched its most recent model of the machine itself, called Coolsculpting Elite.
What Is Coolsculpting Elite?
As mentioned, Coolsculpting Elite is the latest model of Coolsculpting’s line of fat-loss technologies. Coolsculpting Elite has all the benefits of the legacy device, with additional improvements such as:
- Eliminating up to 20% to 25% of fat after one session as opposed to about 20% with Coolsculpting Legacy.
- Increased comfort during treatment due to the new c-shape applicator.
- Reduced visits & treatments with two hand-pieces, allowing for more areas to be treated during the same visit.
- Faster results since the applicators allow for better skin contact. Results can be seen with the Elite model as early as three weeks after treatment and can take up to 3 months to fully develop, versus the Legacy model that can take 1-4 months to see final results.
Is There a Benefit to Using Coolsculpting Legacy?
Both machines offer the same fat freezing technology, however, depending on your situation, there may be a benefit to using the older model, Coolsculpting Legacy.
The Legacy model may be a better fit for you if:
- Your preferred provider only offers this model
- You only want to focus on one area of fat loss and have no need for the Elite’s dual applicators
Aside from their differences, Coolsculpting Legacy and Elite are both game changers in non-surgically getting rid of unwanted fat. Candidates that are eligible for one of the devices are typically eligible for both.